Help us keep this content from behind a paywall by making a donation to Virginia Scope
The Facebook ad spending in Virginia’s gubernatorial race is really ramping up for Terry McAuliffe (D) and Glenn Youngkin (R) as the race heads into the homestretch. Here is an update on all of the statewide candidates’ spending on Facebook advertising:
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee Terry McAuliffe has spent $98,499 during the last seven days advertising on Facebook.
- Republican gubernatorial nominee Glenn Youngkin has spent $75,835 during the last seven days advertsising on Facebook.
- The Democratic nominee for lieutenant governor Hala Ayala has spent $15,368 during the last seven days advertsing on Facebook.
- The Republican nominee for lieutenant governor Winsome Sears has spent $0 during the last seven days advertising on Facebook.
- The Democratic nominee for attorney general Mark Herring has spent $2,430 during the last seven days advertising on Facebook.
- The Republican nominee for attorney general Jason Miyares has spent $0 during the last seven days advertising on Facebook.
Virginia Scope is an independent news publication that is funded largely by donations and subscribers. As local newsrooms are losing writers each day, we are trying to fill the void to ensure that the public is informed and that leaders are held accountable for their actions. Please consider becoming a paid subscriber to our newsletter or making a donation through Paypal below so we can continue to work in Virginia.