The latest political news from Virginia and across the country. Subscribe to our daily newsletter to receive these links as well as the latest coverage from Virginia Scope to your inbox.
- State Police obtained Facebook records of Va. lawmaker who held campaign raffle
- Kaine talks infrastructure bill at Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport
- Virginia no longer ranked ‘worst for workers’
- Northam grants posthumous pardons to the Martinsville Seven, Black men executed in 1951 for rape
- As drug overdoses spike in Virginia, vigil at McShin campus remembers those who died
- Mayor, Richmond City Council members walk away from talk on policing after their lawyer says the meeting must be public
- Virginia Tech doesn’t enroll 134 students due to vaccination non-compliance
- Federal prosecutors in Virginia tackle violent crime
- Albemarle mask policy keeps some students with disabilities out of buildings
- UPDATE: Ida could bring floods and tornadoes to Va. on Wednesday. Here’s how the risk varies by region.
- A tornado scare in Blacksburg as remnants of Hurricane Ida roll through on Tuesday evening
- Supreme Court allows Texas’ 6-week abortion ban to take effect
- Biden declares end to war, defends exit
- ‘Spiral into crisis’: The U.S.-China military hotline is dangerously broken
- Okla. congressman threatened embassy staff as he tried to enter Afghanistan, officials say
- New Orleans Aches for Electricity to Return After Ida
- ‘It could’ve been worse’: Utah governor wrestles with Covid compromises
- Airline employees took on new mission in Afghanistan conflict’s final days: Getting evacuees to the U.S.
- Biden’s top-down booster plan sparks anger at FDA
- Man charged with $25M extortion scheme promising pardon for Rep. Matt Gaetz
- Jeffrey Epstein accuser asks Supreme Court to uphold victims’ rights